About Our Self-Guided Walking Holidays
Our Self-Guided Walking Holidays
Ibex Trex self guided walking holidays are carefully designed for walkers to enjoy these fabulous hiking areas in Spain. We have spent time in these national and natural parks discovering the best routes, the wildlife and of course comfortable hotels at the end of the day with great food.
- All our areas are no further than 2 hours from a major airport with good airlines and transfers available.
- Walking from good hotel to good hotel along the best routes in the area. We love to discover new areas and we spend time designing what we think are the best itineraries.
- Only use local family run hotels where possible.
- Employ local people with good knowledge of the area.
- Include the opportunity to visit the best places in each area - e.g. the Alhambra, Ronda, Fuente De, Cueva De Pileta
All our holidays can be tailored to suit you and your party:- e.g. 5 days Sierra Nevada with 5 days Grazalema including a great rail transfer from Granada to Ronda.
The price of one of our self-guided walking holidays is for a 7 night itinerary and includes the following:-
- Your choice of start and finish dates
- Choose your length of holiday (3 -14 days)
- Different levels of walks
- Great hotel accommodation and food (All breakfasts)
- Some evening meals(we choose this so you can enjoy local restaurants when in a village or town)
- Sherpa transport for luggage (hotel to hotel)
- A packed walk pack with everything you need to enjoy your holiday.
- 24hr assistance if needed. We have someone in each area who you can trust to help you if you need it. We can always be contacted to help out with routes, hotels and any other problems that may occur.
- An Excellent Self Guided Walking Holiday
Whats In The Walk Pack?
In our walk packs we have included everything you should need to enjoy your walking holiday. If there is anything you are not sure of before or during your holiday just get in contact with us.
In the walk pack:-
- Well marked map with all the routes - we have chosen what we consider the best maps for the area
- A well made guide to the area, walk notes, information about the holiday, history, wildlife, culture, villages
- Itinerary - Your itinerary for your holiday
- Any other elements to your holiday - train tickets, Alhambra tickets, etc
How Hard Is The Walking?
We have graded our walking levels from our experience with past clients and our extensive knowledge of walking, trekking and hiking over the past 20 years here in Spain and the U.K. Most clients find this accurate but if you find when you have come and taken on a walk you don't want we can always change it when you are here.
Distance: 6km - 12km
Height Gain/Loss: <=400m
Walking Height: Below 2000m
Trails: Good well marked paths
Distance: 9km - 14km
Height Gain/Loss: <=1000m
Walking Height: Below 3000m
Trails: Good paths some path finding skills required
Height Gain/Loss: <=2000m
Walking Height: Below 3500m
Trails: Mostly good paths but some scrambling and path finding skills required